Homeowners Insurance

The basic policies we review here are tailored to meet the needs of most homeowners.

Coverage A – Dwelling
Applies to the dwelling and attached structures; it does not apply to land, including the land on which the dwelling is located.

Coverage B – Other Structures
Applies to structures on the residence premises that are detached from the dwelling. The policy clarifies the distinction between attached and detached structures by stating that a structure that is connected to the dwelling only by a fence or utility line is considered to be detached. Once again, land is specifically excluded.

Coverage C – Contents
Provides worldwide coverage for personal property owned or used by an insured.

Coverage D – Loss of Use
In the event of a dwelling loss (under Coverage A – such as fire damage to the dwelling), the dwelling may be uninhabitable and the insured may lose the use of the dwelling while repairs are being made. The act of civil authority, such as the evacuation ordered because of a nearby fire, may also cause the insured to temporarily lose the use of the dwelling. Coverage D provides compensation to the insured in the event of such loss of use.

Coverage E – Personal Liability
If a claim is made or suit is brought against an insured because of bodily injury or property damage caused by a covered occurrence, this plan provides liability coverage.

Coverage F – Medical Payments to Others
This plan pays necessary medical expenses incurred during the loss or within the three years from the date of an accident causing bodily injury to others. Coverage applies to accidents that occur on the insured premises or as the result of an action by the insured at any location. This coverage is not intended to provide accident insurance for the named insured’s family; this can be covered by health insurance. (We provide health insurance too Give us a call.)

Please contact us for a quote, general information or information on available discounts.